Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review: Harley and Ivy Meet Betty and Veronica by Paul Dini; Marc Andreyko

ARC Copy/Kindle (160 Pages)
Published September 4, 2018
Buy from Kindle for $15.68 or Hardcover for $24.99 ($16.50 with Prime)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Plot
The bad girls of Gotham meet the good girls of Riverdale!

Hiram Lodge (Veronica’s father) wants to invest in the future by building a university with free tuition for Riverdale’s residents. His site is a protected swamp on the outskirts of town, and once news of the plan reaches Gotham City, a certain eco-warrior (a.k.a. Poison Ivy) is determined to prevent the dream from becoming reality.


However, once Poison Ivy and her bestie Harley Quinn arrive, they get mixed up in the sort of hijinks that can only happen in Riverdale. At a superhero-themed costume party, the night’s entertainment–Zatanna– manages to place the personas of the Gotham City Sirens into the bodies of the town’s notorious frenemies: Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge. While Ivy (in Ronnie’s body) seeks to derail Lodge’s agenda from within, more than a few nefarious forces–from Jason and Cheryl Blossom to the Clown Prince of Crime himself–have their own foul plans.

This groundbreaking miniseries teams up two of fandom’s best-known duos, bringing the ladies of Gotham and Riverdale together for the first time! This madcap mayhem comes courtesy of Paul Dini (Harley Quinn) and Marc Andreyko (Wonder Woman ‘77), with art by Laura Braga (DC Comics: Bombshells)! Collects Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica #1-6. 
How I Got This
I received this as an ARC from the publisher using NetGalley


The Good 
Literally everything. I am not even joking right now. I am a huge fan of my Gotham City Sirens, and this one has two of them as the main characters. The artwork was beautiful with rich colors, amazingly drawn outfits, and fantastic panels. The story was fluid and never got boring. You get to meet many of the Riverdale characters, many of whom I was not familiar with as I have never really read the Archie comics, and many of the Gotham City characters as well. There were so many surprise characters in this comic and I wish I could tell you about all of them. I don’t want to ruin anything for you though. Just know that you get to see some of your favorite Gotham villains, meet some new ones, and see some of your favorite heroes as well.
The plot of this comic was straightforward for the most part. What you thought was going to be the plot ends up changing and the new one keeps you on the edge of your seat. (It is so hard to do reviews for something as amazing as this without giving it all away!)
I have to stop myself from gushing about this comic here, but if anyone is interested and doesn’t mind SPOILERS feel free to message me. I will tell you everything you want to know!
The Bad
Nothing. There was nothing bad about this comic. Parts that seemed dull quickly became action filled. I guess the only bad thing I can say is that if you aren’t familiar with Riverdale characters, or for some reason Gotham City characters, then sometimes you may get confused on who everyone is. By the end of the comic though you have everyone figured out and you are ready for more.
Final Thoughts
When I first requested this comic off of Netgalley I really didn’t think that I was going to be lucky enough to be chosen as one of the ARC readers. I am so thankful that I was. I want to tell everyone who reads this to go and order yourself a copy as you won’t be disappointed. You can order it on Kindle, or do what I am planning on doing and have a Kindle version and a hardback version!

No comments:

Post a Comment