Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review: To Die Again by Sandy Parks



Kindle Edition (404 pages)
Published March 28, 2018
Buy from Kindle for $3.99 or Paperback for $12.99
Book 1 of 2 in the Infinity Solution series
My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Plot
A woman who doesn’t die.
A human who isn’t easy to kill.
A man who murders for power.


Death doesn’t come easy to Dr. Mona Signoretti, who is closing in on a killer she has tracked for two thousand years. As part of a special FBI unit, her failure to stop him puts at risk the population of Earth as well as the mission to save her part-human race from destruction. When Mona’s undercover role is discovered, and her life-sustaining energy threatened, human FBI agent, Grant Thornton, is assigned to work the case and keep her alive–not an easy task in a world where enemies refuse to die.

Book one of this modern-day thriller series set in the ordinary world, mixes adventure with technology, and politics with science fiction.

If you enjoy memorable characters, strong heroes and heroines, and a touch of romance, then dive into the world of Infinitas.

Pick up To Die Again today by an author of four national writing awards.
How I Got This Book

I received this book as an early reader copy from Hidden Gems



The Good
This novel starts off with a bang. The first part of it is a fast-paced action ride that keeps you turning the pages. But that is about where it stopped for me. But since this is the good section, I will get to that later. Dr. Mona Signoretti is a special person, with special powers, for lack of a better word, imbued in her due to her unique racial physiology. She can survive things that many in this world wouldn’t. She is a well-rounded character that is simple to relate to, even though not many of us are a different species and as intelligent as she is. She is an excellent example of a strong female lead for a novel. Grant Thornton is another example of a great character. He is tough, handsome, and intelligent. He is a no-nonsense kind of guy who is there to do his job, and when that gets screwed up he refuses to be left in the dark.
The Bad 
Unfortunately, this book didn’t keep my attention throughout it. I do my best to never stop reading a book, even if it can’t hold my interest. Well at least I try to keep reading it if I plan on reviewing it here on my blog. This one took me way too long to make it through. I can’t even tell you half of what happened honestly, because I kept putting it down and when I finally picked it back up I wasn’t as interested in reading it anymore. It could be because I am more a fantasy reader then I am science fiction (which I need to remember when I am requesting arcs…) but this was a novel that I was unable to get in to.
Final Thoughts 
Okay so I may not have enjoyed this, but I am sure that any avid science fiction readers would absolutely love this book. This won’t affect my rating, as that is my opinion, but I would say that for the low price, it could be worth it to pick this book up. It is $3.99 in the Kindle store. You don’t have a Kindle? If you have a smart phone the app is free. Don’t want the app? This book is also available in paperback!

No comments:

Post a Comment