Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Review: Lady Mechanika Vol. 4 The Clockwork Assassin


88 Pages
ISBN13: 9780996603096
Publication Date: June 26, 2018
Available on Amazon for $9.99 ($7.99 with Prime)
My Rating: 5/5
Plot
When a series of brutal murders linked to Mr. Lewis’ past leads Detective Inspector Singh to Lady Mechanika’s doorstep, the Inspector is finally forced to consider: is Lady Mechanika a crime-fighting hero or a cold blooded killer? 

This review is going to be organized a little bit different than any of my other ones so far. The reason, there are not any true negatives about this comic. Therefore I see no reason to add a negatives section.
I have been a fan of Lady Mechanika since the first day I went to Free Comic Book day in my area and picked up her comic. Ever since I have done my best to stay up to date with all of her exploits. When I saw this ARC on Netgalley, well I jumped at my chance to continue reading her story. 
I was not disappointed.
The story was thrilling from beginning to end. I ended up falling into the trap of believing the most obvious to be the villain, before the big reveal at the end blew my mind completely. Lady Mechanika, falsely accused of being a murderer, helps Inspector Signh to solve the case of the Clockwork Assassin, both to clear her name and to protect her friend from being the next victim. 
Aside from the storyline, the artwork was once again phenomenal. Each small detail that was painstakingly drawn works with the others to give new life to this comic, and makes it feel as though it was a little more real. The outfits are true to the time period and drawn in a way that makes you wish that you were wearing them yourself.
I have to say, even though I was lucky enough to receive an ARC, I am most likely going to be purchasing a physical copy of this comic when it is released so that I can add it to my ever growing collection of Lady Mechanika comics.
I am curious, how many of you read the Lady Mechanika comics? Which is your favorite? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment